Subtype 5

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Oakley
New User
New User

Subtype 5

Post by Oakley »

Due to brain injury at 14 years of age I already had a type of dementia with damage to short and long term memory. Three years ago, at 65 years of age, I felt myself slip into dementia. I was fortunately able to get stem cells, and am now functioning better than I have in years in some respects.
However, there are changes.
I have difficulty finding a place to "fit" , even here, as I started to implement many of Dr. Bresden's protocol on my own years ago from my own research. And I do find the necessity of maintaining these protocols to just get by. Further, I recently progressed to doing come cardio on my own and it has made a world of difference in my energy.

While I have been living with a form of dementia almost all of my life, it was not admitted, nor recognized, and I am now looking for some online group that also has Subtype 5 dementia to share experiences. Is that here?
SandyZ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Subtype 5

Post by SandyZ »

Oakley wrote: Due to brain injury at 14 years of age I already had a type of dementia with damage to short and long term memory. Three years ago, at 65 years of age, I felt myself slip into dementia. I was fortunately able to get stem cells, and am now functioning better than I have in years in some respects.
However, there are changes.
I have difficulty finding a place to "fit" , even here, as I started to implement many of Dr. Bresden's protocol on my own years ago from my own research. And I do find the necessity of maintaining these protocols to just get by. Further, I recently progressed to doing come cardio on my own and it has made a world of difference in my energy.

While I have been living with a form of dementia almost all of my life, it was not admitted, nor recognized, and I am now looking for some online group that also has Subtype 5 dementia to share experiences. Is that here?
Welcome Oakley!

As a Support Team Intern, I would like to formally welcome you to the ApoE4.info website. I'm glad you found this knowledgeable and supportive community!

Thank you for sharing your story here. It sounds like you have been on quite a journey of learning and healing.

If you would like to deepen your understanding regarding ApoE4, beyond what you have already learned, the Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing Medical Doctor with ApoE4/4. She has experienced two severe brain injuries in adulthood and is still a practicing physician.

In addition, the How to Guide] offers tips on how to navigate forums, including how to quote members when you respond to posts so they get an email notification of your post (tip: use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post). The How to Guide also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

The Wiki is another resource full of information that you might helpful.

Finally, if you would like to learn more about other community members' experiences or even continue to share more about your own, feel free to link to Our Stories. I'm interested in hearing more about your experiences with stem cell.

At age 68, your brain has had a great opportunity of rewiring, with your help, from the injury at age 14!

I hope this information is helpful and that you are able to connect with other members with subtype 5 dementia.

Please reach out for assistance as you navigate the site. I look forward to hearing more from you.

In good health,

SandyZ
SandyZ
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Trained Health Coach