Olive oil not crucial to diet?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Olive oil not crucial to diet?

Post by floramaria »

Jan18 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:02 pm Hi Floramaria,
Me, too. My lifelong friend. Her daughter was given all of the info and hasn't used it. My friend bought Bredesen's first two books, after making herself notes and subsequently forgetting regularly for about three months. …
It's frustrating and so sad. …
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.
Yes, Jan18, It is sad. But everyone gets to make their own choices and the program is not for everyone. And as we know, the protocol is a rigorous one, demanding dedication.
Hopefully as more and more people are successful at preventing and /or reversing cognitive problems the good new that there is, in fact, a lot that can be done will be widely available, It is one thing for people to reject this approach for whatever reasons. Even sadder is that so many still do not know about it.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Stefan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Olive oil not crucial to diet?

Post by Stefan »

Testing of single nutrient componenents will often yield less healing effects in complex diseases like Alzheimers. In the case of olive oil there are many studies proving its positive effects on brain health, see a review
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5284000183
Olive oil is just one of many good nutrients of the Bredesen protocol. And we know that the impact of each one is personal. Studies like the one cited in this thread have only a very limited worth…