Sleep

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Erika
Contributor
Contributor

Sleep

Post by Erika »

Good morning,
after having a period of anxiety and stress after knowing my apoe4 status, I manage now to do sport, to eat well, but my long problema of insonnia are more and more problematic. I can sleep a little if a take medicine to sleep, but when I try with melatonin or magnesium I sleep only 2 hours and then I stay awake all night. I'm reading the book why we sleep...
I have tested also CBD oil, but it doesn't work well with me.
Sleep for me is the key point.
Please give me all your suggestion to sleep little bit more without use tavor and so on
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Sleep

Post by Tincup »

Erika wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:43 am Please give me all your suggestion to sleep little bit more without use tavor and so on
Hi Erika, here is a post I wrote with a number of suggestions. Specifically, from this list, I find listening to Yoga Nidra scripts (also known as NSDR or non sleep deep rest) work very well (and some self hypnosis scripts as well). The Yoga Nidra can also work to give you more rest when you don't sleep. There are a number on the Insight Timer app.. There are also many on YouTube. I've record the audio to mp3 files and put them on an inexpensive MP3 player so I can listen without my phone.
Tincup
E3,E4
Erika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Erika »

Thank you for your suggestion
I will try and I hope to improve my sleep
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Tincup wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:19 am I find listening to Yoga Nidra scripts (also known as NSDR or non sleep deep rest) work very well.
I second Yoga Nidra, of course YMMV.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
xactly
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by xactly »

Erika wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:43 am Please give me all your suggestion to sleep little bit more without use tavor and so on
Matthew Walker recommends Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBTI) as the first line treatment for insomnia. There are in-person and online classes, as well as books, like “Goodnight Mind.” You might want to start with CBTI, and then build good sleep practices on top of that foundation.