Apollo? Local Certified Dr. ? or "Program" book ?

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Repomann
Contributor
Contributor

Apollo? Local Certified Dr. ? or "Program" book ?

Post by Repomann »

Hi all,
Just joined this Forum.
Just finished reading "End of Alzheimer's", Have ordered "End Alzheimer's Program" book, have chatted with some people at Apollo, and have a short free chat set up with a local Dr. who's been Recode certified.
SandyZ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Apollo? Local Certified Dr. ? or "Program" book ?

Post by SandyZ »

Repomann wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:13 pm Hi all,
Just joined this Forum.
Just finished reading "End of Alzheimer's", Have ordered "End Alzheimer's Program" book, have chatted with some people at Apollo, and have a short free chat set up with a local Dr. who's been Recode certified.
Hello Repomann,

Welcome to the APOE4 group. It sounds like you are off to a good start in exploring next steps. It is important to make sure that you consider your specific needs when deciding which approach will work best for you.

As a Support Team Intern, I would like to formally welcome you to the ApoE4.info website. I'm glad you found this knowledgeable and supportive community!

If you would like to deepen your understanding regarding ApoE4, the Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing Medical Doctor with ApoE4/4.

In addition, the Howto Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums, including how to quote members when you respond to posts so they get an email notification of your post (tip: use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post). The How to Guide also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

The Wiki is another resource full of information that you might helpful.

Finally, if you would like to learn more about other community members' experiences or even continue to share more about your own, feel free to link to Our Stories.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please reach out for assistance as you navigate the site.

In gratitude,

SandyZ
SandyZ
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Trained Health Coach
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Repomann wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:13 pm Hi all,
Just joined this Forum.
I’ve heard great things about Apollo, but I started my journey as a 4/4 before Apollo existed. What I did was:

* join this website/group, which here it is years later and I’m still learning from these forums, wiki, podcasts

*I connected with a good functional doctor which got my biomarkers in good shape

*I listened to as many Dr Bredesen interviews/presentations as I could. Some can be found in the Bredesen Protocol link of our wiki https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Main_Page# ... _laypeople, under the "resources" heading, subheading "videos and interviews"

*When Dr Bredesen's books came out I followed the advice from them.

*I follow the recent articles/papers that are posted on the ApoE4.info facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/apoe4.info

*I also follow Dr Bredesen’s facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/drdalebredesen and watch the video talks live when I can or the recorded version after (they can be found under the "more" drop down menu).

Another thought for you is to consider is a health coach. Our wiki, ApoE4 Aware Health Coaches, lists some https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... th_Coaches

Regarding your comment about your chat with a local doctor who's been Recode certified, make sure he/she is Recode 2.0 certified.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Repomann
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Repomann »

Thanks Theresa B and Sandy Z for your comments.

* I think this Forum is going to be very helpful and am looking forward to checking it daily , getting feedback.
and helping others.
* The Dr. I have a "meet and greet" , no charge, phone appointment with next week has recently completely the Recode Certification per my telephone conversation with Apollo.
* Would any of you recommend registering with Apollo , getting "all" their reccomended tests and guidance , in place of signing up with a local Dr? Or maybe both? (+ reading and studying Bredeson's book "The End of Alzheimer's PROGRAM?)

* We don't use facebook. Are the same articles available through this Forum or do you recommend I join Facebook?

Thanks again
Repomann
TLS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TLS »

You can watch the videos on Facebook without being a member of Facebook. I just joined the Apollo program and I've been able to see everything just fine.
apoe 3/4
Repomann
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Repomann »

Hi TLS,
Thanks for the tip.
I'm not sure but I think I tried last week and was asked to log in but I'll try again. I have a tentative phone meeting set up with Apollo people next week. I'm trying to decide if I should spend a small fortune to start with a local certifed Dr. or just start out with Apollo and the "Program" book.