Phosphadylserine?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Chrisweides
Contributor
Contributor

Phosphadylserine?

Post by Chrisweides »

Hello,

9 months since I was hit by whatever it is (perimenopause? Mental illness?) and I am still not sleeping and still have frequent anxiety.

So I am also still on the quest to find something that helps me. I have done so many things but since none have really helped, it’s not useful to share them.

Recently I am taking L-arginine and citruline which have been tested to be deficient and I feel it improves daytime mood.

Something that has been recently recommend and I haven’t tried yet is

Phosphadylserine. It seems to be quite important for the brain, seems to help with ageing symptoms and cognitive processes and seems to have a low risk profile. Have any of you heard of it?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25933483/

Also, something I stumbled upon is nicotinamide. Has anyone heard of this to give you a better metabolism?

Since I am so desperate to get better, I am in high danger of falling to the snake oil sellers which is why I am trying to doublecheck stuff before I order/take it.

Thank you!

Chris
51 years old. APO E3/4. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother had/are starting with dementia. Afflicted with anxiety disorder atm. Very eager to save brain and live a long healthy life. Grateful to you all for your knowledge and kindness!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Phosphadylserine?

Post by circular »

Chrisweides wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:09 pmPhosphadylserine. It seems to be quite important for the brain, seems to help with ageing symptoms and cognitive processes and seems to have a low risk profile. Have any of you heard of it?
There was some recent research that caused some writers to suggest that phosphadylserine (or maybe it was another form of serine ?) should be avoided. The advice was contrary to Dr. Bredesen—who I think includes it in his protocol, at least for some patients—as well as others. I'm not sure whether he and others who support the use of it are currently digesting the recent research or what, since I haven't followed this. I looked for a link just now but didn't see one, and unfortunately need to move on for the day. Just wanted to mention this because maybe the thinking is or will be changing, or maybe the recent research is a red herring.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Chrisweides
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Chrisweides »

Thank you! If you or anyone else find out more I would be very interested. It is a very expensive substance where I live but I would take it if it really helps - also with these cruel middle of the night awakenings. But ofc I don’t want to hurt myself
51 years old. APO E3/4. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother had/are starting with dementia. Afflicted with anxiety disorder atm. Very eager to save brain and live a long healthy life. Grateful to you all for your knowledge and kindness!
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

I heard to take sunflower lecithin instead because it includes several related compounds as well and they all work together