Five days into taking 0.5 mg / kg methylene blue

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Five days into taking 0.5 mg / kg methylene blue

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

Found out I have one copy of APOE4 on Christmas Eve. Discovered methylene blue from Dr Francisco Gonzalez Lima’s interviews, and immediately ordered. I’m on my fifth dose and fifth day taking 0.5 mg per kg of body weight - in my case that’s 38 mg methylene blue

It’s 77 drops, but to put it in perspective there is 500 mg of acetaminophen in one Tylenol pill. So seems a low dose.

Clears out of my urine to the point of not being visible by 26 hours after the dose is taken.

I feel amazing, like I haven’t felt since before puberty. Ever since then I lost the instant mental clarity and energy when I wake up, and it takes me until afternoon with much coffee to become clear headed.

Also many other issues I had been struggling with such as anxiety are gone. Much much more energy and clarity of thought.

I also do fasting in 48 or 72 hour intervals, been eating ketogenic vegetable heavy now for a month, and take ketogenic MCT oils. Also take a bunch of supplements. Also exercise. All that helped me in a subtle way, but nothing has been like methylene blue. This stuff literally has me feeling like it’s a magic bullet.

All that being said, would anyone have any advice in regards my dose - is 0.5 mg too low? I know Dr Lima mentioned that’s the low end in a range up to 4 mg per kg

Any advice on if I should cycle?

Curious on input from others who have used this longer than myself
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Five days into taking 0.5 mg / kg methylene blue

Post by Tincup »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:03 pm All that being said, would anyone have any advice in regards my dose - is 0.5 mg too low? I know Dr Lima mentioned that’s the low end in a range up to 4 mg per kg
Dr. Gonzalez-Lima discusses this with Dr. Mercola here.

My sense is NOT to go up. The higher doses are for non-chronic use. In this interview Gonzalez-Lima says if you have blue in your urine, it is enough.

I do take MB daily at around 23 mg and I'm 76 kg (168 #). I've posted on it a number of times. Here is one .
Tincup
E3,E4
Kmlseattle
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kmlseattle »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:03 pm Found out I have one copy of APOE4 on Christmas Eve. Discovered methylene blue from Dr Francisco Gonzalez Lima’s interviews, and immediately ordered. I’m on my fifth dose and fifth day taking 0.5 mg per kg of body weight - in my case that’s 38 mg methylene blue

I also do fasting in 48 or 72 hour intervals, been eating ketogenic vegetable heavy now for a month, and take ketogenic MCT oils. Also take a bunch of supplements. Also exercise. All that helped me in a subtle way, but nothing has been like methylene blue. This stuff literally has me feeling like it’s a magic bullet.

All that being said, would anyone have any advice in regards my dose - is 0.5 mg too low? I know Dr Lima mentioned that’s the low end in a range up to 4 mg per kg

Welcome, 29yoapoe4male.
As evidenced by the quick reply from Tincup, there are many members who have experience with methylene blue who will be able to answer your specific questions. I also have one copy of ApoE4 and recently lost my mom to Alzheimers Disease (AD) and will likely be investigating methylene blue for myself. Your positive experience is inspiring. Making other lifestyle changes can also help in the long term. You're already taking steps with your diet as you've mentioned intermittent fasting and the keto diet. Other lifestyle issues like sleep, movement and stress management may be area of interest, as well. There's lots of information on this forum on those issues.

As a welcome intern, I'd like to make sure you are aware of the vast resources available to you as a member of this forum. First, I find the Primer quite helpful. It is written by a member physician who carries two copies of the APOE-ε4 allele. In it you will find accessible science background and prioritized sensible preventative measures. There's also a glossary to accompany your reading. Additionally, I find the WIKI to be a useful tool as it has an abundance of information regarding various data, treatments and specific resources. It is searchable and a great place to go if you already know what you're looking for. Finally, Our Stories is a place to read about other members' experiences and to post your own, if you're so inclined.

When you reply to others' posts, the quote button in the upper right corner will allow you to post your reply so that all members can access it, rather than only to the sender. I hope that you will post additional questions as needed and that you find this forum a helpful resource for your journey.

Best,
Kathleen
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

Tincup wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:54 am
29yoapoe4male wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:03 pm All that being said, would anyone have any advice in regards my dose - is 0.5 mg too low? I know Dr Lima mentioned that’s the low end in a range up to 4 mg per kg
Dr. Gonzalez-Lima discusses this with Dr. Mercola here.

My sense is NOT to go up. The higher doses are for non-chronic use. In this interview Gonzalez-Lima says if you have blue in your urine, it is enough.

I do take MB daily at around 23 mg and I'm 76 kg (168 #). I've posted on it a number of times. Here is one .
Thanks. I’ll stick to my 0.5 mg for now as it has me feeling so good, but will likely reduce in the longer term. Appreciate the input on not going higher. That Mercola interview was enlightening. It appears we already have the cure for Alzheimer’s and it’s being kept from people who otherwise could be saved is that basically accurate?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:05 pm It appears we already have the cure for Alzheimer’s and it’s being kept from people who otherwise could be saved is that basically accurate?
I don't think that we know that it is a cure, but it is definitely something that a lot of people are watching, and some, like you and Tincup, are trying. I am one of the people who is following with interest but yet to "take the (blue) plunge".
I hope you'll keep us posted on how this works for you over time.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:05 pm It appears we already have the cure for Alzheimer’s and it’s being kept from people who otherwise could be saved is that basically accurate?
floramaria wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:18 pm
I agree with FloraMaria. For one thing, I think that the root cause in AD is multifactorial.

I do like that MB can help address mitochondrial energy production. Doug Wallace's research showed that mitochondrial DNA have maternal inheritance (my understanding is the egg kills the sperm mDNA). It turns out that mitochondrial energy production is less when the DNA are different. So unlike nuclear DNA, where, with sexual reproduction, DNA differences are a strength, in mitochondrial DNA, this is not true. Differences in mitochondrial DNA are termed "heteroplasmy." Higher heteroplasmy leads to lower mitochondrial energy production. Heteroplasmy can increase over life due to mutation (mDNA mutate frequently) Wallace's research has focused on children with inherited mDNA diseases. In severe cases, these children don't live very long because of low mitochondrial energy production. What research has shown is that even in adults, there is a step function for phenotypes. Making this up, there may be one phenotype for heteroplasmy up to 40%, another up to 75% and yet another >75%. See videos of Wallace's presentations for more on this. Also this paper and this STEMTALK interview.

My opinion (and that of Gonzalez-Lima) is that Taurex is wrong focussing on tau with their leuco MB product, rather than energy production.
Tincup
E3,E4
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

Kmlseattle wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:16 am
29yoapoe4male wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:03 pm Found out I have one copy of APOE4 on Christmas Eve. Discovered methylene blue from Dr Francisco Gonzalez Lima’s interviews, and immediately ordered. I’m on my fifth dose and fifth day taking 0.5 mg per kg of body weight - in my case that’s 38 mg methylene blue

Welcome, 29yoapoe4male.
As evidenced by the quick reply from Tincup, there are many members who have experience with methylene blue who will be able to answer your specific questions. I also have one copy of ApoE4 and recently lost my mom to Alzheimers Disease (AD) and will likely be investigating methylene blue for myself. Your positive experience is inspiring. Making other lifestyle changes can also help in the long term. You're already taking steps with your diet as you've mentioned intermittent fasting and the keto diet. Other lifestyle issues like sleep, movement and stress management may be area of interest, as well. There's lots of information on this forum on those issues.

As a welcome intern, I'd like to make sure you are aware of the vast resources available to you as a member of this forum. First, I find the Primer quite helpful. It is written by a member physician who carries two copies of the APOE-ε4 allele. In it you will find accessible science background and prioritized sensible preventative measures. There's also a glossary to accompany your reading. Additionally, I find the WIKI to be a useful tool as it has an abundance of information regarding various data, treatments and specific resources. It is searchable and a great place to go if you already know what you're looking for. Finally, Our Stories is a place to read about other members' experiences and to post your own, if you're so inclined.

When you reply to others' posts, the quote button in the upper right corner will allow you to post your reply so that all members can access it, rather than only to the sender. I hope that you will post additional questions as needed and that you find this forum a helpful resource for your journey.

Best,
Kathleen
Thanks for that information. I’ll be delving deep into these resources

Update: 20 days into methylene blue I continue to feel great. It’s also a big boost to exercise. I’m the strongest I’ve ever been now and started jogging again for the first time in five or more years. 10/10.
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

floramaria wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:18 pm
I don't think that we know that it is a cure, but it is definitely something that a lot of people are watching, and some, like you and Tincup, are trying. I am one of the people who is following with interest but yet to "take the (blue) plunge".
I hope you'll keep us posted on how this works for you over time.
It’s 10/10 20 days in.

You absolutely need to exercise daily when you take it or you feel all this pent up energy, feels like being a kid again in that respect

Otherwise it’s just a continued beneficial effect

The only thing that wore off is it doesn’t help me sleep particularly now, and will make it hard if I take it in the evening and didn’t exercise

It’s still not hard to sleep though if I exercise
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:01 pm It’s 10/10 20 days in.

You absolutely need to exercise daily when you take it or you feel all this pent up energy, feels like being a kid again in that respect

Otherwise it’s just a continued beneficial effect

The only thing that wore off is it doesn’t help me sleep particularly now, and will make it hard if I take it in the evening and didn’t exercise

It’s still not hard to sleep though if I exercise
Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Belfastman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Belfastman »

Would be great to get an update on your progress.