Five days into taking 0.5 mg / kg methylene blue

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Belfastman
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Five days into taking 0.5 mg / kg methylene blue

Post by Belfastman »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:41 pm
Belfastman wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:58 am Would be great to get an update on your progress.
Love it! I feel healed / restored. After the initial days of huge energy surge, I’m accustomed to not being tired anymore and it’s basically like having the energy levels of my early twenties back
Thanks for the update. Just placed an order for some!
xactly
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by xactly »

I started taking methylene blue in mid-January 2023, and I took it daily for two months. I started the dose at 0.5mg/kg of bodyweight and adjust downward over a couple of weeks (based on the amount of blue in my urine after 24 hours) to a dose of 0.25mg/kg. After two months, I had a complete blood count that showed my bicarbonate was above the upper end of normal, which has never happened before. I did a little reading and learned that methylene blue is used to treat lactic acidosis, so it likely was the cause of my high carbonate level.

I have discontinued using it for now, and I'll rerun the CBC in a few months to see if bicarbonate has returned to the normal range. My energy was good while on methylene blue, but the higher dose I started with seemed to make me a bit jittery and anxious.
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

Ok, now it’s been three months on methylene blue. I have in the last two or three weeks increased the dose to 1 mg per kg of body weight. Dr Lima indicated up to 4 mg could be beneficial before it starts to do the opposite and become harmful.

Now, last Saturday I was consecrated to Jesus through Mary after the 33 day preparation method of St Louis de Montfort. And during Lent I’ve had an intense dedication to prayer usually over an hour a day. Sunday, I made a speech in which I came to terms with my whole life up until this point and how it led up to my conversion to Catholicism. Monday then, I began to feel a tingle in my brain, similar to how I would feel as a kid when I saw something interesting. It felt good. However it is much more intense, and has been sustained since Monday at greater or lesser intensity. It gets more intense during deeply felt prayer. It feels like waves of goodness flowing out over my whole being. It feels good, and I believe it represents my brain is regrowing or reawakening or something. It feels almost how a wound feels when it’s healing, a good itch. I almost want to be able to ‘itch’ my brain. I feel it throughout the brain, but most particularly in the front, sometimes the sides, sometimes feels deeper inside or on the top. Rarely the back

Also I have started a YouTube channel now under this inspiration. I am getting good sleep and feel incredible inner peace and love, and understand now just how great the foolishness of hatred and fear are.

Other factors are I haven’t had any alcohol since December 5th. Another time when I cut out all alcohol I felt a sensation similar to this after three months, but it was much much much smaller. An occasional tingle, an occasional memory of childhood. Whereas the scale of the phenomenon here is about one hundred times stronger, or at minimum twenty times stronger and bigger.

My interpretation is that the primary driver here is spiritual. Jung talked about the idea of synchronicity, where multiple apparently independent ‘threads’ converge. I’m not a follower of Jung anymore but of the Catholic Church, however that idea of his is a useful reference point

That being said I believe methylene blue has been a major contributor to the substrate of this experience. It needs all domains in order to truly dig deep like this and be transformative, and I believe the additional energy the methylene blue pipes in has enabled the brain to reorganize rapidly in response to these spiritual changes in the soul.

What all this leads up to is that you can’t simply pipe in healthy substances and presto out of it comes health and renewal. For some things this is true but for others your body has to be stimulated to want to heal. And that comes in some cases from the soul! And in response to that then the body will pull from the resources you make available to it to do what the soul directs

In sum, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Methylene blue May possibly have been necessary for this positive experience, but definitely isn’t sufficient by itself for that. Dr Lima himself refers to that when he says that if you just take methylene blue and do nothing with it it won’t help you - he takes himself when he’s trying to learn something new for example

There’s that dynamic between the spirit and the body in essence
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

29yoapoe4male wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 am Ok, now it’s been three months on methylene blue. I have in the last two or three weeks increased the dose to 1 mg per kg of body weight. Dr Lima indicated up to 4 mg could be beneficial before it starts to do the opposite and become harmful.
Hello 29yopoe4male,

I'm glad that all these changes are helping you to feel better. And keeping track of what seems to make a difference, what doesn't, and what puts you over the top, can be really important when you make multiple changes.

If you haven't already, you might want to talk with your prescribing doctor about the benefit you've seen on MB, especially since you've upped your dose. They could have some thoughts to help you hone in on the right does without interfering with or exaggerating the effects of your prescribed meds.

You likely already know this, but as a Support Team Intern, I wanted to remind you not to share your You Tube channel on the forum. That would go against our community guidelines related to self-promoting and advertising. We're all here to learn, share info, and support each other.
29yoapoe4male wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 am Jung talked about the idea of synchronicity, where multiple apparently independent ‘threads’ converge.
I love when I experience (and recognize) examples of synchronicity!

I look forward to reading more on the forum about this journey of yours.

Take care.
--- Jane ---
-- Jane --
(daughter, granddaughter, and niece of people who lived with Alzheimer's)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
29yoapoe4male
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 29yoapoe4male »

Jane S wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:11 pm
29yoapoe4male wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 am Ok, now it’s been three months on methylene blue. I have in the last two or three weeks increased the dose to 1 mg per kg of body weight. Dr Lima indicated up to 4 mg could be beneficial before it starts to do the opposite and become harmful.
Hello 29yopoe4male,

I'm glad that all these changes are helping you to feel better. And keeping track of what seems to make a difference, what doesn't, and what puts you over the top, can be really important when you make multiple changes.

If you haven't already, you might want to talk with your prescribing doctor about the benefit you've seen on MB, especially since you've upped your dose. They could have some thoughts to help you hone in on the right does without interfering with or exaggerating the effects of your prescribed meds.

You likely already know this, but as a Support Team Intern, I wanted to remind you not to share your You Tube channel on the forum. That would go against our community guidelines related to self-promoting and advertising. We're all here to learn, share info, and support each other.
29yoapoe4male wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 am Jung talked about the idea of synchronicity, where multiple apparently independent ‘threads’ converge.
I love when I experience (and recognize) examples of synchronicity!

I look forward to reading more on the forum about this journey of yours.

Take care.
--- Jane ---
Thank you for your very kind response :-)

That’s a good idea. Actually I source the methylene blue myself from pharmaceutical grade third party manufacturers because no one makes it in America. But I probably should discuss it with my doctor. It’s been making me feel good so I can’t see it as something other than beneficial, but it wouldn’t hurt to discuss with doctor and maybe they can find a prescription source

Yes I definitely won’t try and promote my YouTube channel, it’s not about methylene blue anyway so not really related to the mission here
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

Awesome. Even if it’s all good, getting your doctor’s perspective can be helpful. Engage them as a full fledged member of the healthy-you team!
-- Jane --
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

The problem that I have found is that when people talk in terms of their religious experiences I am not really sure what exactly they mean or how I could duplicate their experience. You really need a well defined protocol so that you can benefit from the insights that other want to impart to you.

There are neuronaut type technologies that I have used that have allowed me to enter into such mindspaces with the advantage of clearly defined scientific rationales behind them. One of the technologies that I tried sporadically a while back was heart rate variability with emwave2. I did not use it that much and just put it on the shelf .... until I saw the recent alzforum article that talked about HRT and its effect on amyloid. Apparently, heart rate variability is one of the few techniques that can powerfully effect amyloid levels.

What is involved with this technology largely is regulating your breathing through biofeedback with a heart monitor. What you want to do is breath in a constant rhythmic pattern which causes your heart rate to vary maximally on the in breath and out breath. It is suggested that you combine this with a meditation of joyful from the center of your chest. For whatever reason this has a powerful effect on biology -- I think it has to do with vagas nerve stimulation. As a caution there could be some people with certain medical conditions for which this would be counterindicated.

Now that I know that HRT has science behind it in relation to AD prevention I will try to add it to my daily routine.
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

J11 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:42 pm Now that I know that HRT has science behind it in relation to AD prevention I will try to add it to my daily routine.
Very interesting. I'm going to look into that. I'm intrigued by the benefits of heart rate variability.
- Jane-
-- Jane --
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

J11 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:44 pm Here's the alzforum url:

https://www.alzforum.org/news/research- ... alzheimers
Thanks!
-- Jane --