6 children’s books about Alzheimer’s disease

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

6 children’s books about Alzheimer’s disease

Post by NF52 »

I saw 6 children’s books about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and thought they might help start conversations with young children about changes seen in beloved grandparents. Haven't read them, but may try to see if they're at my local B&N.

The link provides a description of each book. I especially like the description of Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox "It’s also an appropriate story for any child because it normalizes aging and having intergenerational relationships.”
4/4 and still an optimist!
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 6 children’s books about Alzheimer’s disease

Post by Jane S »

NF52 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:40 pm I saw 6 children’s books about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and thought they might help start conversations with young children about changes seen in beloved grandparents. Haven't read them, but may try to see if they're at my local B&N.

The link provides a description of each book. I especially like the description of Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox "It’s also an appropriate story for any child because it normalizes aging and having intergenerational relationships.”
NF52,
What a wonderful list of books! Thanks for sharing them. I checked my local library, and they have "Wilford Gordon McDonald Partridge." It's checked out now, and I put a hold on it for when it's returned. Think I'll see if my favorite used book store or B&N have any of them.
Cheers!
-- Jane --
-- Jane --
(daughter, granddaughter, and niece of people who lived with Alzheimer's)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach