Celebration Thread Sovateltide

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Celebration Thread Sovateltide

Post by J11 »

There is so much great news for the clinical management of AD!
It is popping up everywhere!
I am now resorting to only mentioning a subset of these exciting treatments.

Sovateltide. Tycamzzi.

This treatment was submitted to the Indian FDA in the second quarter of last year for ischemic stroke,
I am not clear about the exact timeline though presumably it could be approved at any time.
Sovateltide could become as highly recognizable a stroke option as tPA, though the phase 3 in America is only starting up. I am not sure about this, though perhaps it might be possible to consider using Sovateltide in order to avoid the devastating side effect that occurred with the patient in the Clarity extension who was treated with tPA for an ischemic stroke. However, I am very unsure what process would be involved in such potential treatment.

Interestingly, Sovateltide is also in a clinical trial for AD.

Sova 2.PNG

What is especially exciting about Sovateltide is that it has a very unique mechanism of action.
With Alzheimer's, removing beta-amyloid or tau or even the cholesterol globules makes a great deal of
common sense. However, an agonist for the endothelial B receptor does not have the same obviousness.
Yet, as the figure above shows when this pathway is targeted you can wind up inducing neurogenesis!
Neurogenesis! Regenerating the brain? It is almost too much! Clearly that could be an extremely powerful AD treatment; especially when combined with a disease modifying treatment such as Lecanemab. Basically, stop the disease process and then rebuild the brain with new brain cells.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Celebration Thread Sovateltide

Post by J11 »

Oh Yeah!

I have been snoozing on this one, while I have been focused mostly on the mabs, though Sova has made it large:
Sova has been approved for use in India by the Indian "FDA" (for acute cerebral ischemic stroke)!

Whoa!

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... ients.html

There is also an upcoming readout for Sova in AD.
It should not be that tough to call it a win for the AD trial considering that Sova grows brain cells.

I really have minimal understanding of what the biology is behind for Sova, though just at an intuitive level growing brain cells in the AD context probably is going to help. Of course, the AD readout will be massively interesting.

Hmm, you do start to wonder about Right to Try.
KathleenC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Celebration Thread Sovateltide

Post by KathleenC »

Really interesting information! Thanks!