Food Restrictions Questions

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Food Restrictions Questions

Post by JD2020 »

Jan18 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:12 am Melissa from Apollo recommended one who is licensed in many states (based out of CO) who charges -- sit down -- $14,000 to be a new patient!
omg. I just about had a heart attack when I read that. I guess the bigger shock is that the doc has enough business that he can charge that.

Jan18 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:12 am I talked to Dr. Ann Hathaway's office last fall about becoming a new patient, but when I finally pulled the trigger to schedule last week, was told she isn't accepting any new patients until the new trial she's doing is over, likely end of the year or next spring.
She is worth waiting for. I have been working with integrative docs for over 15 years for a couple of different complicated diseases in our family, and she is hands-down the best. If it were me, I'd get my name on the list.
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Food Restrictions Questions

Post by Jan18 »

JD2020 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:22 am

She is worth waiting for. I have been working with integrative docs for over 15 years for a couple of different complicated diseases in our family, and she is hands-down the best. If it were me, I'd get my name on the list.
I left my name and her office said they'd call in a week or so. But I'll leave another voicemail and ask to be put on the list and remind them that we spoke last fall.

I just don't find anyone around here with half the expertise I hear from her (and Dr. B) on the town halls....

As far as the practitioner Melissa recommended (she called him an Apollo "preferred" practitioner) he has one of those "concierge" practices that charges a lot! Only the ones I've seen before charge $5K-6K to start, which I also thought was very high. But $14K?! Obscene!