KetoFLEX 12/3 meal delivery will soon be available

Julie G
Mod
Mod

KetoFLEX 12/3 meal delivery will soon be available

Post by Julie G »

So happy to announce that the Bredesen Protocol diet, KetoFLEX 12/3, will be available starting on 6/1 as a meal delivery service. Huge thanks to Nutrition for Longevity (N4L) for making this possible. It all began last June when Dr. Longo reached out to our community to discuss ApoE4 carriers and diet. Knowing that diet is a big stumbling block for many ApoE4 carriers, I worked hard to bring this option to our community.

For those who are unfamiliar, KetoFLEX 12/3 is essentially a mildly ketogenic Mediterranean diet, featuring large amounts of deeply pigmented non-starchy, seasonal, vegetables from every color of the rainbow, with an adequate amount of protein and generous amounts of healthy fat. N4L grows most of its own veggies on site without synthetic chemicals, using sustainable "old-fashioned" farming practices. The animal proteins are clean, wild-caught and/or pastured. You can opt to buy the meal kits with high polyphenol EVOO (from Dr. Longo's hometown in Italy, known for centenarians) or provide your own.

Pricing for 10 fully prepared, chef-curated meals per week will be $159.55 (without olive oil) and $172.50 (with olive oil) with the option of pescatarian (optimal for cognition), flexitarian, or vegan meals.

Meal Kit Contents:
• 5 fresh, nutrient-dense, plant-rich lunches
• 5 fresh, nutrient-dense, plant-rich dinners
• 2 x 150g extra baby leafy greens mixes
• 6 hard-boiled, pasture-raised eggs*
• 2 x 250ml bottles of high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil (optional)
• KetoFLEX 12/3 informational instructions, support, and upcoming menu

*Not included with the vegan meals

I've had the opportunity to pre-sample the meals and they are really good. The sauces and dressings are standouts, very bright and delicious. Most importantly, they blend beautifully with extra virgin olive oil. I'm excited to use this service for my mother with Alzheimer's and for myself. Because any husband travels often, I plan to order these on weeks when he is out of town.

I'm working with N4L to get Medicare to partially cover the meals (7 per week) as this is a medically tailored meal, hopefully by the end of this year.
Naposghost
Contributor
Contributor

Re: KetoFLEX 12/3 meal delivery will soon be available

Post by Naposghost »

I am beyond excited about this. Thank you for making it happen!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Wow, that's great Julie! Thanks for your continuing work on everyone's behalf!

Do you know whether this will be subscription based, or will we be able to custom order #s of meals, easily stop and start, etc.?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Do you know whether this will be subscription based, or will we be able to custom order #s of meals, easily stop and start, etc.?
Waves, my friend. It will be subscription-based (per week) but easy to stop and start. I'm planning to use it intermittently. When I learn more details I'll pass them along.
Kathy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kathy »

Hi Julie,
Any ideas where I can find out where to see a breakdown of the KetoFLEX 12/3 diet plan that is recommended? Or is Steven Gundry's plan a better one? I have E4E4 and I want to do everything in my power to not have memory loss.
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jan18 »

Got the email about it and went to the website, as I am very interested in trying this. Disappointed that I cannot see a line up of individual meals for our program (or pick and choose them) like a customer can on many of these prepared meal delivery companies......unless I just didn't know how to access that?

Also, I'm concerned about shipping from CA to ATL area....if all fresh ingredients, one would want very fast shipping....chilled to keep fresh ingredients from wilting.

Any info on these concerns?
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Julie,
Any ideas where I can find out where to see a breakdown of the KetoFLEX 12/3 diet plan that is recommended? Or is Steven Gundry's plan a better one? I have E4E4 and I want to do everything in my power to not have memory loss.
Great question. You can see a quick overview of KetoFLEX 12/3 here and read more in The End of Alzheimer's Program. It is specifically designed to support cognitive health. It overlaps nicely with Dr. Gundry's diet recommendations (for heart health), but is less restrictive. Dr. Bredesen only recommends struct avoidance of lectins if one is sensitive or has an autoimmune condition.
Got the email about it and went to the website, as I am very interested in trying this. Disappointed that I cannot see a line up of individual meals for our program (or pick and choose them) like a customer can on many of these prepared meal delivery companies......unless I just didn't know how to access that?

Also, I'm concerned about shipping from CA to ATL area....if all fresh ingredients, one would want very fast shipping....chilled to keep fresh ingredients from wilting.

Any info on these concerns?
For now, the menus (both pescatarian and flexitarian) are chef-curated. Perhaps as it catches on, we'll get an opportunity to make menu choices. I did have the opportunity to try a few weeks worth as we were developing it and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, variety and brightness of the sauces and salad dressings.

I believe everything will be shipped from NJ, so not too far from ATL, but they are equipped to handle the entire contiguous US, and even major cities in Alaska. The food comes in a cooler with ice packs. If anything were to go wrong, they would stand behind the delivery and refund/replace.

The meal delivery is available now. You can learn more here: KetoFLEX 12/3 by Nutrition for Longevity.