Diet Tip: Substitute Hemp Hearts for Rice

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TeaAndGlasses
Contributor
Contributor

Diet Tip: Substitute Hemp Hearts for Rice

Post by TeaAndGlasses »

If you're trying to follow a keto or low-carb diet, I just discovered that hemp hearts make a good, easy substitute for rice.

I usually use spiraled zucchini or riced cauliflower, but I was out of both and grabbed my bag of hemp hearts to use as a base for my fish with lemon sauce, and it was great.

Maybe you all already know this, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I'd pass it on!
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Diet Tip: Substitute Hemp Hearts for Rice

Post by Jane S »

TeaAndGlasses wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:41 am If you're trying to follow a keto or low-carb diet, I just discovered that hemp hearts make a good, easy substitute for rice.

I usually use spiraled zucchini or riced cauliflower, but I was out of both and grabbed my bag of hemp hearts to use as a base for my fish with lemon sauce, and it was great.

Maybe you all already know this, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I'd pass it on!
Thanks for the pro tip! I'm going to try it.
-- Jane --
(daughter, granddaughter, and niece of people who lived with Alzheimer's)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
LizziesHaus
New User
New User

Post by LizziesHaus »

I will definitely try this in my soup today. Thanks for great tip! Think this could go viral on the web, lol.
abalboa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abalboa »

LizziesHaus wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:17 am I will definitely try this in my soup today. Thanks for great tip! Think this could go viral on the web, lol.
Welcome LizziesHaus,
Thank you for joining our site and posting in the forum. I am also excited about this diet tip! I'm a little tired of riced cauliflower and looking another option... :)

Additionally, as a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience if you would like to explore the site in more detail. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmly,
Angie
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach-FMCA
RECODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
APOE4 aware health coach
MoCA Certification
BS Human Nutrition