New to the site from Deerfield Beach, Florida

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
linaka
Contributor
Contributor

New to the site from Deerfield Beach, Florida

Post by linaka »

I would like to know if there are any resources familiar with the ReDECO protocol around Deerfield Beach, Florida. I already know that I have one ApoE4. I follow a diet since a year and a half very similar to what is described in the Dr Bredesen book. I am 65 years old and suffer from essential trembling since over 10 years. I already have major improvment with the trembling but would like to go further since I am at risk for alzheimer. I would need some kind of brain coach to suggest blood tests and a plan of action because I am a little bit overwhelmed with all the information available. Any suggestions? Thanks!
HelenOwens
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: New to the site from Deerfield Beach, Florida

Post by HelenOwens »

linaka wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:18 am I would like to know if there are any resources familiar with the ReDECO protocol around Deerfield Beach, Florida. I already know that I have one ApoE4. I follow a diet since a year and a half very similar to what is described in the Dr Bredesen book. I am 65 years old and suffer from essential trembling since over 10 years. I already have major improvment with the trembling but would like to go further since I am at risk for alzheimer. I would need some kind of brain coach to suggest blood tests and a plan of action because I am a little bit overwhelmed with all the information available. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hello linaka,

As a Support Team Intern, I would like to welcome you to the Forum and to provide you with some of the resources that you have requested.

Yes, knowing your ApoE4 status, dealing with all the emotions that come along with it, and then navigating through life and wading through all the information is so overwhelming for most people – you are not alone. We are glad you are here because this compassionate community is made up of many people just like you and exists to provide support in any way you need.

It is wonderful that the actions you have taken to make dietary changes has yielded great results based on the “major improvements” you’ve already experienced! You are clearly encouraged and driven to seek a greater level of intervention for continued improvements.

I would encourage you to explore Apollo Health. They offer the RECODE program and can provide you with more information about the program and answer any questions you have. They can be reached by phone at 1.800.450.0805 during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST).

Also, here is a link to our Wiki page with a listing of ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners. I see that there are a couple in Florida but unsure how convenient they are for you from Deerfield Beach.

As for health coaches, most will work with you over the phone or through videoconferencing (such as FaceTime or Zoom), so you can most likely select a coach of your liking from any location. Here is a link to a listing of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches that you can review. If you scroll down past the list, you will find more about each coach’s background and the services they offer.

I’d also like to share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience. I know – it’s a lot. Take a deep breath and take it in bite-size amounts that are “digestible” for you.

The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

Wiki Main Page contains lots of useful information and links to articles for a deeper dive into specific topics.

The search bar (under your username) is particularly helpful if you have a specific topic in mind.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, this is a lot to take in so make sure you are giving yourself some grace as you process the information and please feel free to reach out anytime with any other questions.

Warmly,
Helen
Helen
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
linaka
Contributor
Contributor

Post by linaka »

Thank you Helen! This is amazing information. I feel today like I have been opening a treasure chest!
HelenOwens
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Post by HelenOwens »

linaka wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 pm Thank you Helen! This is amazing information. I feel today like I have been opening a treasure chest!
I am so glad that you are finding this information useful! We are happy to help and here for you.
Helen
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach