APOE 4/4 - That's me!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
SeeSea
New User
New User

APOE 4/4 - That's me!

Post by SeeSea »

Hello!

I discovered in the fall of 2023 that I am APOE 4/4. I suspected the possibility as my mother was/is showing signs of Alzheimers (officially diagnosed May 2024) and both paternal and maternal grandparents, and aunts had the disease.

I am excited to have this community to learn from! I am also encouraged by what I continue to learn about my ability to slow down any potential progress of Alzheimer's through diet, exercise, gratitude, social engagement, continued learning, mindfulness. I look forward to gleaning successful strategies from others through this forum.

I am currently participating in a program through my integrative health provider that is focusing on saving my brain :). This cohort along with the health coaches and my provider are a tremendous source of encouragement, knowledge, and community.

Here's to learning and living!

Best,
SeaSee
JulieMorris
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: APOE 4/4 - That's me!

Post by JulieMorris »

SeeSea wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:32 am Hello!

I discovered in the fall of 2023 that I am APOE 4/4. I suspected the possibility as my mother was/is showing signs of Alzheimers (officially diagnosed May 2024) and both paternal and maternal grandparents, and aunts had the disease.

I am excited to have this community to learn from! I am also encouraged by what I continue to learn about my ability to slow down any potential progress of Alzheimer's through diet, exercise, gratitude, social engagement, continued learning, mindfulness. I look forward to gleaning successful strategies from others through this forum.

I am currently participating in a program through my integrative health provider that is focusing on saving my brain :). This cohort along with the health coaches and my provider are a tremendous source of encouragement, knowledge, and community.

Best,
SeaSee
Hi SeeSea -

Hello! I'm a support team intern, and I'd like to welcome you to this site! You have found a very supportive community here. Wow - I love your infectious optimism, which will get you far in your health! In addition, your obvious love of learning is a major strength in the journey towards maintaining brain health. I'm excited to hear that you're already established with an informed integrative provider, as well as a health coach to encourage you and provide accountability. You are doing so many important things for your brain!

If you haven't already, it would be a great idea to take a look at our Primer. It is an incredible resource of information about the biochemistry of ApoE4. It offers researched-based prevention strategies and was written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4. Do not become overwhelmed with all the information. Sometimes it is best to slowly read through it, decide which section resonates with you, and focus on that area first. When you decide to work on something in particular, your health coach can be instrumental in helping you break down your goal into tiny, doable steps.

The How-To Guide will help you learn how to navigate this site. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching.

You can find other members' experiences in Our Stories. Sometimes reading the stories of others helps us realize that we are not alone.

I'm so glad you have joined us on this site. Please feel free to reach out anytime with questions or if you just need support. We would also love to hear more of your story, if you're comfortable with that. You are not alone. We are here for you.

I noticed that your username is SeeSea, yet you signed your post as SeaSee. If you would like an administrator to change your username to "SeaSee," please just reply to this post and they will change it for you.

I look forward to hearing more of your journey in the future.

Take care,
Julie
PhD in Speech-Language Pathology
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Interested in all things brain-related
SeeSea
New User
New User

Post by SeeSea »

Thank you Julie! I appreciate the additional guidance.

I apologize - please keep my username as SeeSea - no need to make any changes - i goofed when signing out.

Cheers!
JulieMorris
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Post by JulieMorris »

SeeSea wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:27 pm Thank you Julie! I appreciate the additional guidance.

I apologize - please keep my username as SeeSea - no need to make any changes - i goofed when signing out.

Cheers!
SeeSea -

No problem at all. I can't wait to hear about all the healthy changes you are making!

Enjoy your day,
Julie
PhD in Speech-Language Pathology
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Interested in all things brain-related
Dany_ele
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dany_ele »

SeeSea wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:32 am Hello!

Best,
SeaSee
Hi SeaSee! Welcome to the community! It's great that you're taking proactive steps towards your health, especially with your integrative health provider's program. You're absolutely right that diet, exercise, and a positive mindset can make a big difference. I'm sure you'll find lots of valuable insights and support here. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!